Reasons for this Walk
The Coastal Path provides us with an exceptional hiking route which goes through fourteen towns on the Costa del Sol.
The reasons why someone should have this walk, the first of its kind, depend on each person but it will definitely seem interesting for everyone.
Ten Reasons for this Walk
- It gives us the opportunity to visit some of the fourteen towns which can be found on the Costa del Sol. Most of these municipalities have their own Tourist Information Centre, important cultural heritage and offer excellent accommodation, bars and restaurants.
- You can walk along promenades and boardwalks; see beautiful places and unforgettable sites during your journey from one town to another.
- Enjoy the beaches, some of which have the Blue Flag certification given by the EU, as well as cliffs, restaurants and other tourism buildings along the shore.
- You can do varied water sports, and combine hiking with cycling.
- You will be able to see some extraordinary natural beauty spots.
- Be aware that this area is historically important as there are sites with almost 2000-year-old ruins, and fortifications used by varied civilizations.
- You can see plenty of different types of sea-birds along the way, as there are many migratory birds in Málaga, beside local ones.
- You will be surprised by varied kinds of colourful and gorgeous butterflies.
- This path will teach you how to respect plant and animal life of the sea through the information you can access at this website and in the Sea Classroom (Aula del Mar).
- Listen to waves, relax and enjoy incredible views in a fresh air.